PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyles for females

aharris
10-04-2012, 02:56 PM
I've seen everyone say that as long as your hair is short it's "in uniform" for boot. My question is, I usually have a mohawk or fauxhawk and was wondering if that was appropriate for boot. If not, my hair is too short to do anything besides just shaving it all off (which I'm perfectly fine with.) What would be the most acceptable to the RDC's or should I just try and grow it out before I leave in 2 months?

LT Guppy
10-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Mo/fauxhawks would be considered "extreme" hairstyles, so not allowed.
I've heard mixed opinions on what the RDCs think about females with shaved heads.

aharris
10-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Thank you, I'm not going to cut it before I ship I'm just worried it won't be long enough to do anything with by then.

lherron2012
10-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Your hair doesnt have to be long because then they will cut it back up to the bottom of your ears. The RDC's dont allow females to do anything with their hair until the day of graduation. They want all the females to look as unattractive to the males as possible.

MC
10-07-2012, 06:41 AM
I am literally in the same situation. I've got a Mohawk/pixie thing going on, and I leave in two months. I figure I'll either try and grow it out, or let them cut it. Also, have you tried combing your mohawk to one side? Of you grow the sides out a bit, it looks less extreme. I'm glad and surprised that I'm not alone with this hair situation.

warehimer33
10-07-2012, 08:34 PM
I personally like the buzzed/bald look.

aharris
10-13-2012, 10:29 PM
I am literally in the same situation. I've got a Mohawk/pixie thing going on, and I leave in two months. I figure I'll either try and grow it out, or let them cut it. Also, have you tried combing your mohawk to one side? Of you grow the sides out a bit, it looks less extreme. I'm glad and surprised that I'm not alone with this hair situation.

Yeah, I leave in two months-ish too (December 4th!) I currently just comb it over when I go out so I don't think I look too "extreme," but I feel weird having it so long right now and was considering getting it shaved back to a 'hawk one last time. If they don't like it, I've had a shaved head before so I guess I shouldn't worry too much haha. When do you leave?

MC
10-14-2012, 05:43 AM
See, I've never shaved my head..I've always wanted to though. I think I may just cut it to a short pixie, cause the back of my hawk is starting to look like a mullet. Haha. I'm scheduled to leave December 31st, but that's going to change. There's a girl I know leaving the same day as you, with super short hair too.

anlowe7
10-14-2012, 08:28 AM
I shaved my head in June but it's getting so long now!! I was bald when I went to MEPS but I'm going to need hair cut before I leave in Jan because the back already touches my collar! I say shave it and take a prenatal vitamin (yes even if you aren't pregnant!!) and it will grow super fast