PDA

View Full Version : What happens during the holidays?

Alexiscm
09-26-2012, 04:03 PM
This may already be somewhere on here, but I ship out 20121127 so I'll be at RTC for Christmas time. I've asked around and got all different answers from many people. Does anyone know what exactly they will do for the holidays? I'm anticipating it will be like a normal day just a bit more lax? Thank you! :)

stevebw
09-26-2012, 06:23 PM
There's a few threads on the forums that explains what happens during Christmas. But for the most part you get holiday routine.

prop827
09-27-2012, 03:30 PM
A few days of holiday routine is ultimately what happens. You may get liberty to go to like a VFW or Church organization if you are far enough in training (its an "adopt a sailor" program the Navy does; this also applies to thanksgiving), but the liberty will be division wide in uniform and you will have to behave and act a particular way. Sometimes they also let family members who live near base or are visiting Chicago adopt you and a shipmate for the day so you can see your family that one day but again, you have to be farther along in boot camp for that to happen.

debnchris
09-28-2012, 09:52 PM
My son left for BC on Sept 26th. I just found out his graduation day is November 21st the day before Thanksgiving, not Friday like normal.

sweetmtn
09-29-2012, 09:49 AM
My son left for BC on Sept 26th. I just found out his graduation day is November 21st the day before Thanksgiving, not Friday like normal.

Did you get a letter telling you his PIR date already? Just a word of warning...never count on anything til you get it in writing! If you are guessing this by how long he will be there, it is not always true, as it will depend on how fast or slow he gets to class up.
This is the MOST current list of PIR dates from the navy web site:
http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/upcoming_grads.asp