PDA

View Full Version : ppl with bootcamp experiance..

ajfederio
09-20-2012, 11:29 AM
how many people have you seen get cut from bootcamp? im not setting myself up for failure here.....only sucess but just curious as to how its possible to fail bootcamp? i leave in about 10 days and am getting nervous/excited

Soon to be ABE
09-20-2012, 12:19 PM
In my division we started off with 94 and graduated with 62 and that was last week

cttaef21
09-20-2012, 01:15 PM
We dropped about 20 from our division, about half were ASMO'd to a different division..The other have were separated, but the only ones getting sent home are shitbags who want to leave and look for reasons to get discharged...If you truly want to be there and get through boot camp, you won't fail

jalexander29
09-20-2012, 07:36 PM
You got this! Don't stress over boot camp. If you truly want to be a sailor, pull yourself together!

shannoneliz
09-20-2012, 09:56 PM
The only people I saw get kicked out were people who just gave up, refused to follow the rules, or had medical issues. Pretty much, if you wanna stay, you'll stay. You might get set back if you can't pass your PRT or swim or miss mandatory shit because you're SIQ. Pretty much everyone gets sick in boot camp, but I wouldn't go to medical unless you have blisters (take care of that shit before it gets infected but make sure you don't miss anything important) or really just feel like death.

Boot camp is just one giant mind game, it's not the real navy. You will **** up a lot and you will get yelled at. Your RDCs will probably threaten to ASMO (set back) you over stupid shit, but they won't really do it unless there's a good reason. Just don't stress out about it too much...nobody will care about how well you did in boot camp as long as you get through it.

bbrandon92
09-20-2012, 10:45 PM
We dropped about 20 from our division, about half were ASMO'd to a different division..The other have were separated, but the only ones getting sent home are shitbags who want to leave and look for reasons to get discharged...If you truly want to be there and get through boot camp, you won't fail

okay thats kinda messed up to say. I was seperated 2 days before graduation. I didnt want to get seperated, I wasnt looking to go home. I passed battlestations. My RDC sent me to reu because he said he thought I had anxiety. They asked me some questions made me take a really long test and seperated me. Nothing I could do, so seps wasnt ALL shit bags thank you!

and in regardess to your question just talk to the higher ups (rdcs, doctors, ect) as little as possible.

my division only lost 3 guys, 2 seps in the begining and me at the end.

cttaef21
09-20-2012, 11:42 PM
okay thats kinda messed up to say. I was seperated 2 days before graduation. I didnt want to get seperated, I wasnt looking to go home. I passed battlestations. My RDC sent me to reu because he said he thought I had anxiety. They asked me some questions made me take a really long test and seperated me. Nothing I could do, so seps wasnt ALL shit bags thank you!

and in regardess to your question just talk to the higher ups (rdcs, doctors, ect) as little as possible.

my division only lost 3 guys, 2 seps in the begining and me at the end.I'm sorry...I was typing it on my way out the door for class, I should have elaborated about people with legit medical reasons...We had one person who was legit, and 9 who gave up and made up illnesses so they could go home

AO_Davidson
09-21-2012, 08:31 AM
iv been told by a lot of people that if you have anything medically wrong with you not to bother got to SIQ cause they will send you home. my biggest fear is that iv never seen snow and i ship out in 39 days and i really dont want to get sent home for a common cold!

bbrandon92
09-21-2012, 09:38 AM
iv been told by a lot of people that if you have anything medically wrong with you not to bother got to SIQ cause they will send you home. my biggest fear is that iv never seen snow and i ship out in 39 days and i really dont want to get sent home for a common cold!

LOL that was everyones fear throughout all of bootcamp. YOU WILL NOT GET SENT HOME! heres the deal. your GOING to get sick, and be sick most of bootcamp. Its just the way it is. If you start feeling a little ill tell your yeomen in the morning and go to sick call, tell them you DONT want to be SIQ and unless your deathly ill they won't put you on SIQ they will just give you some cold medicine and send you on your way. I went to sick call a few times and never got sent home for that reason, nor did any of my ship mates. I even got strep throat and had to get a second peanut butter shot, was SIQ for 2 days, LLD for a week. Didnt miss anything
They scare you into thinking your gonna get sent home or asmo'd but in all reality it looks bad on the RDC's when that happens.
They don't say it, or show it, but if your honestly trying hard and not slacking, the RDC's, teachers, trainers and staff are doing everyhing in their power to make sure you pass.
Dont let that get to your head though, you have to try HARD. Its a tough place, 99 percent of you are gonna want to go home on your first 3 days, but after a couple weeks its not so bad, you get used to being yelled at and constantly on the move.

LT Guppy
09-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Ok. To add to the SIQ thing. My sister in law BROKE her hip in bootcamp. She still graduated.
They know the difference if you're going to sick call because something is actually wrong, or if you're going because you don't want to do something.

prop827
09-23-2012, 04:57 PM
My division (mind you it was an 900 division) started with 82 and ended with 70

holliann7
02-17-2013, 11:26 PM
how many people have you seen get cut from bootcamp? im not setting myself up for failure here.....only sucess but just curious as to how its possible to fail bootcamp? i leave in about 10 days and am getting nervous/excited

It really depends a lot of different things. I graduated boot camp 2 weeks ago, and we started with 88 and graduated with 74.

Before you go, just make sure to be in good physical shape. Honestly, the PT at RTC is not all that intense, and it also depends on your RDC's how much you work out. So I would suggest doing some push-ups, sit ups and running before you go. Just make sure that you can pass the PFA or are close. I left for boot camp and failed the first PFA but passed the final one (only the final one ACTUALLY matters) and I was well within standards by the time I passed. My RDC's worked my division hard because we had a lot of females who failed the first PFA. But by the time the 2nd PFA rolled around, I passed with no problem.

And make sure that you can swim! We had a lot of girls who missed out on a lot of division events because they had to go to swim lessons twice a day. Pass the first swim test and that will help a lot.

And as far as failing goes... Just go in with a lot of confidence and mental toughness. We had a few girls who just up and quit... They said that they didn't want to be in the military and they chose to go home. One girl failed her drug test so she was obviously sent home. We had a few others be set back in training for being LLD (light limited duty) too much. It may seem startling that we graduated with less then what we started with, but do not worry too much about that.. Most of those girls were ASMO'd, which is when you are set back in training. They are probably graduated by now or are about ready to graduate... The only ones who I saw go home were the ones who couldn't handle it, or were sent home for medical things.

Failing is really hard to do, honestly. You have to pass 3 educational tests, but trust me, it's not as hard as it sounds. The only things you ABSOLUTELY need to graduate is the PFA, the swim test and the 3 educational tests. And you can re-take those. And if you got through MEPS with no problem, you should be fine with the medical process... Trust me, it will seem scary but don't let it get to you. :)

Just remember not to give up, because it's an amazing opportunity to be apart of the world's finest navy. It will ALL be worth it, just wait and see. Good luck, and I'm sure I'll see you out in the fleet someday :)

PacificSunrise
02-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Off topic here, but I see a lot of Sailors on here that still have their status on Depper.. I'm a bit OCD on that and if it were me, it'd be the first thing I'd do when I get back on here.

maggio1994
02-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Just think of it this way, if you want to get through bootcamp you will. Unless something medical comes up.

If you can't pass the PFT you'll either get ASMOD (sent back in training to a different division) for more time to get fit, or get put into a fitness program to focus more on it. If you don't pass the swim you'll keep trying until you pass or your division gets to battlestations then you'll get ASMOD. It's not really physically hard, it's all mental.

Haasino
02-18-2013, 09:15 AM
There are really only three things you can say that will for-sure get you separated:

- I have a migraine (Not headache... those can be caused by lack of sleep, change in diet, or dehydration... but a migraine will get you sent home!)

- I had a panic/anxiety attack (There's another thread here explaining this one)

- Anything construed as intent to harm yourself/others