PDA

View Full Version : Background checks at RTC

AyeeYoAP
09-20-2012, 12:05 AM
I know tht for the CT rates there is an additional background check at bootcamp and I was wondering how tht worked. Like do they pull you to the side and ask questions? Like what exactly happens? :/

cttaef21
09-20-2012, 12:40 AM
early in bootcamp, you will go have an interview with one of the people in the security clearance office...Your conversation will be tape recorder and the questions are pretty much following the previous forms you have filled out...At the end of that interview, she told me I had been approved for my "A" school, but she wanted me to acquire some extra information...I then called home to get the info, it took all of 10 seconds to get it, but with no one observing you and no RDCs, it's a perfect time for a nice long phone call...I ended up getting about 3 hours of extra phone time total in boot camp just for security clearance stuff...I went back there again towards week 5 or 6 to verify everything in my packet and to sign and fingerprint everything...We had to wait for our division to finish something else, so the woman let us stay in there and get on the computers, I got caught up on all the recents sports and news...Besides recruit heaven, that was my favorite place on the entire base haha

AyeeYoAP
09-20-2012, 10:42 PM
early in bootcamp, you will go have an interview with one of the people in the security clearance office...Your conversation will be tape recorder and the questions are pretty much following the previous forms you have filled out...At the end of that interview, she told me I had been approved for my "A" school, but she wanted me to acquire some extra information...I then called home to get the info, it took all of 10 seconds to get it, but with no one observing you and no RDCs, it's a perfect time for a nice long phone call...I ended up getting about 3 hours of extra phone time total in boot camp just for security clearance stuff...I went back there again towards week 5 or 6 to verify everything in my packet and to sign and fingerprint everything...We had to wait for our division to finish something else, so the woman let us stay in there and get on the computers, I got caught up on all the recents sports and news...Besides recruit heaven, that was my favorite place on the entire base haha
Oh! So it's just like the interview at MEPS? I thought it was gone be like super intense lol