PDA

View Full Version : CTN - Auto E-4 Advancement?

kayleeeileen
09-17-2012, 04:22 PM
My contract states automatic advancement to E-4 but my question is, will this happen after the completion of A school, C school, or both, or does it mean I must wait through the time it would normally take and just am not required to test for anvancement? If someone has the answer it would be greatly appreciated. My recruiter has not been able to answer this for me.

LT Guppy
09-17-2012, 05:08 PM
It should say in your contract, but it's usually pending the successful completion of your schooling.

jzhaun
09-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Here's what I found on wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petty_officer,_third_class):
Unlike the seaman and lower ranks, advancement to petty officer third class is not automatic given time in service, but is also contingent on performance evaluations by their superiors and rate examinations (test of specialty knowledge), except for certain technical ratings which carry automatic advancement to PO3, after successful completion of the rating's "A" school and fulfillment of time in rate requirements.

cttaef21
09-17-2012, 11:01 PM
I can't speak for CTN but CTT's get it upon becoming rated(completion of A school)as long as you have fulfilled the necessary time in rate requirements...I assume CTN would be the same...and if for example if you are an e-1, you have to wait the 9 months to e-2, then another 9 until e-3, and then the 6 months to automatically get e-4

kennyja28
10-31-2012, 12:55 PM
I am going to be talking to a recruiter tomorrow and I was just wondering if you wanted to go in to be a ctn specifically can you choose that or do they pick for you as far as the cti field goes? Thanks
Kenny

AyeeYoAP
10-31-2012, 03:33 PM
CTI and CTN are 2 different things. CTI deals with languages and translation. CTN deals with computers and crypt.

When you go to MEPS and it comes time to pick a job, tell them tht you're interested in whichever rate you're interested in and they'll tell you whether or not you qualify for it and if it's available.