PDA

View Full Version : just finished bc

Soon to be ABE
09-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone i just graduated biotcamp yesterday and just arrived in pensacola for abe a school so if anyone has any questions at all regarding bootcamp ask away and ill answer what i can

stevebw
09-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Congrats! Good luck in A-School!

How long is it taking you to class up at Pensacola?

Lurch
09-15-2012, 03:20 PM
I am planning on bringing my Bible with me, do you know about the max size they will allow you to keep? I had to get a new one but its about 4.5 inchesx6 and less than an inch thick, smallest one I could find. Any input? Thanks! Congrats! And good luck! I will be at Corry for my A school come November.

stevebw
09-15-2012, 03:29 PM
As long as it's not textbook size, you should be fine, Lurch. My recruiter says most people just bring a 6x4 bible or somewhere around that size.

NavyChick
09-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Congrats on completing BC!:woot_jump:

I ship out November 20, 2012. What are some recommendations? Things to know...things to do and not to do. I've been studying my START Guide. I know the creed, rank & recognition, & 11 general orders. I'm working on chain of command, ships & aircrafts. I have military time and phonetic alphabet down as well.

Any & all information will be greatly appreciated. :) And congratulations again!!! :groupwave:

Brad
09-15-2012, 06:19 PM
haha another 20121120! We have like 3 people leave that day or the day before/after.

NavyChick
09-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Haha, that's cool! :)

NavyPrincess
09-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Welcome back Sailor!

Haasino
09-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Welcome back, sailor! I leave for Great Lakes Tuesday... any last-minute advice? Also, were there any Aircrew recruits in your division?

cttaef21
09-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Hey everyone i just graduated biotcamp yesterday and just arrived in pensacola for abe a school so if anyone has any questions at all regarding bootcamp ask away and ill answer what i can

You in Bravo barracks? Do they have 3 to a room over there...Here in Charlie, just got another roommate today...3 people in a room barely big enough for 2...oh well, at least I go to Corry in less than 2 weeks

Soon to be ABE
09-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Ok to answer all questions dont worry about bringung a bible when.you get there go to church and get a bible u can keep it, we had 1 aircrew guy he was dry, its gonna take me 2a weeks to class up also in alpha barracks only 11 roomate and in bootcamp just listen to your rdc and dont challenge your recruit chain of command not a good idea also study for your test if you score high you get rewarded with phone calls trust me i got a lot

sweetmtn
09-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the "OTHER SIDE SAILOR" :happyfeet:

ajfederio
09-16-2012, 11:53 AM
hello im leaving october first. any advice? i have been working out every morning with runs and ab routines..i try on my push ups. im pretty set for the physical part. I know most of my start guide.

But what do you think is the hardest part of bootcamp? was there anything they didnt warn you about before arriving at rtc that you didnt expect?

Soon to be ABE
09-16-2012, 11:01 PM
hello im leaving october first. any advice? i have been working out every morning with runs and ab routines..i try on my push ups. im pretty set for the physical part. I know most of my start guide.

But what do you think is the hardest part of bootcamp? was there anything they didnt warn you about before arriving at rtc that you didnt expect?

Inspections were the worst standing at attention for 3 straight hours while they check your rack and everything in it and your bed and the uniform your wearing and pdays sucks to its alot of hurry up and waiting witg little or no sleep i was up for 41the hours straight during pdays just dont fall asleep during the day

jalexander29
09-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Im leaving 9/27/12- can anyone tell me the current chain of command please. I just got my shipdate of the 9/19/12 and I just need to get the chain of command memorized!. Thanks and congrats on graduating!!!