PDA

View Full Version : Marching

warehimer33
09-12-2012, 06:41 PM
How long does it normally take for everybody to catch on to marching? Is this something we're going to be doing for hours each day or is it more like they show you and hope you follow along?

Navy_Melone
09-12-2012, 08:02 PM
You march everywhere and get yelled at til you get it right. From what i heard it takes a division from 2-4 weeks, but it really comes down to the people in your division and how dedicated they are to working as one.

warehimer33
09-12-2012, 09:04 PM
You march everywhere and get yelled at til you get it right. From what i heard it takes a division from 2-4 weeks, but it really comes down to the people in your division and how dedicated they are to working as one.

I hope my division picks up stuff quickly. Repetition will be the end of me.

cttaef21
09-12-2012, 10:29 PM
It's something you will do a lot...It's really just a matter of people being able to keep in step...Once they get that down, it's fairly easy after that....Some people are lazy when marching and end up screwing everyone up behind them

bdmahl
09-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Literally you march EVERYWHERE. Anywhere you go, you will march. Even if it's not the whole division. If there are ten of you, you're marching. And if you get chosen to hold a stick (i.e. flag), you have a world of hell waiting. Because for four weeks you're preparing for your drill inspection, which counts towards your divisional score. So every night you'll practice the drill routine. I was guidon (literally, I made sure ARPOC didn't run us into the grass) and you get IT'd for not getting right. You'll get used to marching really quick.

shannoneliz
09-20-2012, 09:56 PM
My division was absolutely terrible at marching, then we finally started coming together around week 5, I think. We ended up doing really well on both drill inspections.

There will always be some people who just can't get it though. Our RDCs made sure those people were on watch or ship staff, so they wouldn't be there for inspections, lol.