PDA

View Full Version : Battle Stations - The whole story to graduate boot camp

Craig
08-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Have I got something for you!

Years ago, the Navy was promoting how well the new Battle station would work to senior management. They release this video as public domain. Then they realized they didn't want it to be public because they want to keep the recruits scared to see if they panic. This is when they made the sailors start signing page 13's to not disclose what happens. That form is basically useless with this video. This video tells it all.

Luckily, since government funds were used, it was released as "Approved for Public Release. Distribution Unlimited."

You won't find it anywhere on Youtube, or anywhere else. It was only public domain for less than a week.

http://www.teamorlando.org/case-studies/battle-stations.shtml

They will make you sign a form (called a Page 13) saying you won't talk about battle stations. That form is useless with this video....

FutureND
08-14-2012, 07:44 AM
It says "This page has moved" Maybe they have already taken it down?

llamayamaa
08-14-2012, 09:00 AM
click on the link but take off the last "l" in the address field. Should get you there.

Although I don't see what's so scandalous about this video? They didn't mention anything that I haven't seen in videos from the Navy website/youtube channel itself.

FutureND
08-14-2012, 09:19 AM
That got it working, thanks

LT Guppy
08-14-2012, 09:37 AM
The link in the original post should be working now.

Laworlo
08-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Wow great video. Reminds me of that long long night haha. So much fun.

AVSailor
08-14-2012, 03:39 PM
wow. best video ive seen on it.

fbezzy0208
09-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Wow that was an excellent video!! actually started tearing up when they switched covers! "That's gonna be me next year!"

Laworlo
09-10-2012, 08:48 PM
I'll be completely honest about the capping ceremony. I am a guy...I cried, enough where when my 3rd RDC shook my hand and gave me the ball cap, I couldn't say thank you petty officer. Wasn't bawling, but was chocked up and had some streamers flown down my face. It's a very emotional experience. Been working so hard to get there and get beat everyday. And then you are up at that point over 30 hours. After all night activities, some physical some emotional...you finally end it all with this.

fbezzy0208
09-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Man that's amazing! I can't wait. I think tears of pride, accomplishment and joy are the best. You finally did it and now it's being reconized...i can't say it enough...I can't wait!!

warehimer33
09-11-2012, 09:06 PM
I don't know about all yall but that looks sooo fun!