PDA

View Full Version : Seats at graduation

anlowe7
08-09-2012, 07:22 PM
My 2 kids will be at graduation....do they need a "ticket" for a seat even if they will be sitting laps??

LT Guppy
08-09-2012, 08:08 PM
If I remember right, I think age 10 is the cut off.

anlowe7
08-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Well shit

LT Guppy
08-10-2012, 07:20 AM
"Cut off" as in they have to be on the list, not that they can't attend. Sorry if that was confusing.

Ncnavymom
08-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Here's the info from the RTC website

Access list: Recruits are permitted to place up to four names on the access list for graduation (children under 12 do not need to be on the access list). Only the recruit may submit or change names, and no changes are permitted once the access list has been submitted to RTC Security the week prior to graduation. Please be sure to write to your recruit to let them know who will be attending.

The RTC website has a lot of info -
http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/graduation.asp

Everyone and their families should review the family guide

http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/fam_guide.asp

Laworlo
08-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Also, they make up the list about a week before graduation. Not much time considering the only communication is snail mail. So make sure they know through previous letters who for sure is going and who isn't. We got the chance to change it one more time about 3 days before graduation. And let me tell you from personal experience, it stresses the hell out of your recruit to not communicate with them well enough to know who is coming and who can't make it! lol So make sure they know well in advanced.

LT Guppy
08-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Also, they make up the list about a week before graduation. Not much time considering the only communication is snail mail. So make sure they know through previous letters who for sure is going and who isn't. We got the chance to change it one more time about 3 days before graduation. And let me tell you from personal experience, it stresses the hell out of your recruit to not communicate with them well enough to know who is coming and who can't make it! lol So make sure they know well in advanced.

Is that new?
Two years ago, you had to put the list in the form letter sent out at the very beginning. With the option to change it a couple days before PIR.

Laworlo
08-10-2012, 08:08 PM
The form letter nobody checks...in fact with mine, I was so confused and rushed that I only put down my fathers name. But the only person that sees that paper is your parents or whoever you are sending it to. You seal them right there. And then the day before Captain's Cup is when you put down the official list of names. Then they typed it up a couple days later and gave a quick glance to make sure it was right and see if you needed to change it.

Side point: There are always people in your division that don't have anybody coming to their graduation and will generally give spots away. Also keep in mind those sailors. You need liberty buddies to leave for those that don't have family coming in. If they don't have anyone, offer if you can, for them to come with you and your family, so that they are not stuck at RTC all day. Same thing applies if you go across the street like I did. There, you need 2 other liberty buddies and yourself for phase 1 liberty unless your family is there, so offer for them to come as well!

sweetmtn
08-12-2012, 12:02 PM
One thing to remember that they just dont tell you..even small children need ID's!

anlowe7
08-12-2012, 01:15 PM
well I talked to my MIL who may be driving up with my husband and kids and she will watch them so my husband can go to graduation. I guess I understand not wanting little kids there...mine would be fine for all of 5 mins and then want to get up and run around...if she can't go then I guess everyone will skip graduation and just meet up afterwards :^/

sweetmtn
08-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Children can go..many do. But if your kids wont be still and quiet for a LONG time, YOU wont enjoy the graduation! That ceremony takes a LONG TIME! Well over and hour..if I remember it takes a couple of hours with all the speeches and such.

Laworlo
08-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Funny, the graduation is long, and the practice session the day before seems to take 2 lifetimes, but graduation day felt like 15 minutes. It went by so fast it was incredible. Still took about 1.5-2 hours tops.