PDA

View Full Version : Teeth issues?

jdAECF
08-08-2012, 09:58 PM
I know it's probabily on this site (somewhere) but I haven't found the exact info I'm looking for. I'm not worried about having the work done in boot, but I'm wondering if there is a threshold of bad teeth that they will just send someone home.

I've got a few in rough shape, and don't have the time or money to fix them before I leave. What I'm wondering, is of they send people home who have teeth in rough shape? I know a few cavities isn't a problem, but if it's more than that will they even bother?

I'm willing to let them do whatever they want, and I will work hard to show them I'm there to stay. But I was just reading on the military.com forums about a marine who was sent home for her teeth. I'm hoping that was just that marines excuse for not wanting to tough it out.

My main question is - has anyone heard of someone being DQ'd for their teeth in boot camp?

LT Guppy
08-09-2012, 06:51 AM
My husband had MAJOR dental work done in bootcamp. I think it was something like $30,000 worth of dental work.

But it probably depends on what the issue is.

dixon040
08-09-2012, 07:19 AM
From what I've read and asked you'll be fine. Tell take care of you. If MEPS didn't dq you you should be fine.

jdAECF
08-09-2012, 12:07 PM
It's just some cavities, an a badly broken tooth ( that I really don't mind if they rip out) Its not like I have any cancer or degenerative disorders. Thanks guppy, people with experience in my concerns helps alot ;)

Laworlo
08-10-2012, 07:56 PM
A buddy of mine had 13 fillings to be done and 2 root canals, plus they pulled out 4 wisdom teeth! He graduated with us.

Boller1986
08-12-2012, 05:38 AM
Do not worry I repeat do not worry I had 9 teeth pulled ant three fillins plus a genetic gum disease so whatever your dental issue they will take care of it I just hope ur not afraid of needles

jdAECF
08-12-2012, 12:36 PM
They don't bother me as much as I thought they did. I had a big problem with dental shots when I was a young teen, actually punched a dentist once. But since then it doesn't bother me too much. Just had a tooth pulled 2 weeks ago and it didn't bother me too much. But my dentist was gorgeous, which helped alot :p

AO_Davidson
08-30-2012, 08:45 PM
A buddy of mine had 13 fillings to be done and 2 root canals, plus they pulled out 4 wisdom teeth! He graduated with us.

that seriously suck lol but what sucks worse is thats going to be me! stupid candy as a kid screwed me over =/

jdAECF
08-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Yeah... I'm in for hella dental work. I started this thread wondering if it was something that teu would DQ for.

jacek
11-23-2012, 03:41 PM
do you guys know if someone could get DQ'd or sent home from boot camp for having bad teeth? Would they need to have waiver when going to meps? Like they have a cavity in the front, it's noticeable when they talk. They're having work done on it, I think 4 wisdoms need to come out, others need to be filled, and a couple need to be pulled.

Domanae
11-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Will i get DQ'd if my front tooth recently fell out?? (I passed the asvab n did my physical already)

sweetmtn
11-25-2012, 10:54 PM
I doubt it as it wouldnt stop you from doing your job in the navy...