PDA

View Full Version : remembering the 11 orders

dixon040
07-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Is there a easy way to remember them out is order?

navywife83
07-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Try remembering them by the way they start, as they all start different:

1. To TAKE
2. To WALK
3. To REPORT
4. To REPEAT
5. To QUIT
6. To RECEIVE
7. To TALK
8. To GIVE
9. To CALL
10. To SALUTE
11. To BE

That is how I learned what order they go in.....

stevebw
07-31-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2677

There was a thread similar to this. My way might not be a popular way but what I do is just memorize each line and try to repeat it and if I blank out or say it incorrectly, I'd start from the top again. I did the same for the chain of command.

maggio1994
07-31-2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2677

There was a thread similar to this. My way might not be a popular way but what I do is just memorize each line and try to repeat it and if I blank out or say it incorrectly, I'd start from the top again. I did the same for the chain of command.

I did the same thing.

Just read through the entire thing a few times, then say each line a few times, then see how far you can get by memory, then read over line by line again. If you really have trouble memorizing download an audio file of the general orders and listen to them as you go to sleep until you can recite it all by memory.

thebrassranger
08-01-2012, 12:35 AM
I. Believe there is a computer program you can download from the navy that quizzes you and has games for those hat are a bit more kinesthetic like me. The game is making pairs so theoretically you can make that on your own just match the number to the phrase as the RDCs will love to make you say them out of order.

You can also download apps for flash cards or check out quizlet. I learned those the ships, the chain, creed, signal flags, and air craft on quizlet as well as world capitals because I was bored at work one day.

FutureND
08-01-2012, 06:02 AM
You can also download apps for flash cards or check out quizlet. I learned those the ships, the chain, creed, signal flags, and air craft on quizlet as well as world capitals because I was bored at work one day.

I checked this out this morning. For those of you with an iPhone you can download flashcardlet and it has tons of flashcards that are already made. I got a set for the 11 orders, RTC chain of command, Navy phonetic alphabet, and sailors creed. This is great as I don't have to carry flashcards with me everywhere and can look through them whenever I have a few spare minutes.

stevebw
08-01-2012, 07:49 AM
http://quizlet.com/FSGonzales

This person also has a lot of quizzes to study from!

dixon040
08-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks for.the tips. I'll try my best

maggio1994
08-01-2012, 01:08 PM
I checked this out this morning. For those of you with an iPhone you can download flashcardlet and it has tons of flashcards that are already made. I got a set for the 11 orders, RTC chain of command, Navy phonetic alphabet, and sailors creed. This is great as I don't have to carry flashcards with me everywhere and can look through them whenever I have a few spare minutes.

Off to the app market I go!