PDA

View Full Version : (CTT) or Crypto in general, OCS STA21

NMsmallfry
07-26-2012, 01:42 PM
So I have about one years worth of college credits and I have been thinking about taking college courses (online or other) while enlisted, my question then is this: What are my chances of becoming an officer in the CT field, I have not been able to dig up any reliable information in my couple of hours of internet research, I also ask this question because I see that as far as 2012 goes the number of E4 promotion slots is very low, and if I can get a chance to go officer then that seems like a nice proposition.

Cinders
07-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Are you 4 or 6 year CTT? With the college credit you have won't you be an E3 after BC. My son came out of BC an E2 and after his c school he is now E4, but he is 6 year CTT and is planning on working towards being an officer. Hope that helps.

kforbs126
07-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Just an FYI that the Navy has cut tuition assistance so you will have to pay for any classes over the cost of about 1 1/2 classes. I would suggest get as much college done before you come in because you won't have much time or resources when you are active.