PDA

View Full Version : What to take to RTC

Dr.Depper
07-24-2012, 12:44 AM
It seems like I've looked over millions of different list on what to take with me to RTC. I have no kids and no wife. I'm going to sign up for a NFCU account at RTC. Every list has some different things and others say bring nothing.

sweetmtn
07-24-2012, 12:49 AM
You just need the very basics..drivers lic. soc sec card, very small address book, maybe a couple of stamps to get started with, an ACTIVATED phone card, and a watch(however you wont be allowed to wear it unless told to)..thats about all you will need. You can have a small bible, and a small religious symbol that can fit on your dog tags. Everything else you will get there.

Dr.Depper
07-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Thank you. I don't know why I'm doing everything last minute. But thanks.

sweetmtn
07-24-2012, 12:52 AM
You can chat at the top if you wish...

Vegaspinoy
07-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Wallets?

vabchsue
07-24-2012, 06:34 AM
It seems like I've looked over millions of different list on what to take with me to RTC. I have no kids and no wife. I'm going to sign up for a NFCU account at RTC. Every list has some different things and others say bring nothing.

If you're able to do so ahead of time, open up your NFCU account before heading to boot camp. Living in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area we've got a lot of branches around here and my son was glad he did it before leaving. You'll have your account already and one less thing to do after you get there. Makes it a lot easier then...

FutureND
07-24-2012, 10:46 AM
This is direct from the RTC website:

The following is a list of authorized personal items that you may want to bring to training, but are not required. Any unauthorized or unnecessary items (including your civilian clothes) will be boxed up and shipped home at your expense.

OK to bring:

1.Wrist watch, wedding ring.
2.Religious medallion (No larger than the size of a dog tag).
3.Writing material (NO bottled ink).
4.Pocket dictionary.
5.Pocket bible.
6.Small address book.
7.Hairbrush and comb.
8.Pre-paid phone cards.
9.One pair of prescription glasses, reading glasses or contacts (with one week of cleaning solution).
10.A small amount of cash (i.e. less than $10).

Female recruits may retain the following personal items:

1.Feminine sanitary items.
2.Conservative cosmetics. Female/one of each: face powder, blush, lipstick, eye shadow and mascara (non-aerosol or glass). Make-up will be authorized for division photos and graduation weekend only.
3.Barrettes (Female/must match hair color).
4.Birth control medications.

stevebw
07-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Someone asked this before but I'm not sure if it was answered. Are wallets allowed? I would very much like it if I could bring one to hold my driver's license, SS card, phone cards, etc so it's all in one place. As far as cash, my recruiter told me to bring $40-$50.

FutureND
07-24-2012, 11:37 AM
You can bring whatever you want, but they will make you send it home if they do not allow it there.

Vegaspinoy
07-25-2012, 06:54 PM
About the Direct Deposit forms do I need to have one completed before or do they provide it there?

thebrassranger
07-25-2012, 07:49 PM
If you already have one bring the informations with you, the bank should print out something with your account number and routing information and the like. Bring that as its less you have to worry about when you get there. Also consider signing up for a military account if your bank offers it. At my bank you don't need to show a military ID for 6 months.