PDA

View Full Version : Important - BF, GF, & spouse...Use the right envelopes!!!

Craig
02-14-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm writing this from a guys view point but it still works the other way around.....

I need to wise up some of you GF's , BF's, & spouses....

Letters are one of the most important things in a Recuits life in bootcamp. They make or break the day. So, I'm going to let you in on a little secret that will keep that flame glowing strong while they are at bootcamp....

When recuits receive letters they stand in a circle around the Mail Petty Officer. The guy will hold about 50 letters in their hands and start reading off the names. Yea, it sucks not knowing if you will get a letter or not.

Here's the secret to get your recruit all worked up and sweating.... Guys are visual creatures. Whether it's a hamburger or sex, we like to stop and stare. Our brains are programmed to analyze everything. We work out most problems in our heads by seeing. Soooooo, when you start writing your BF in bootcamp, go to Office Depot and buy colored envelopes. Choose one color, and stick with that same color through out. That will be "YOUR" color.

What happens is when your standing there waiting for letters, you can see the stack in the Mail Petty Officers hand and can see that you have one because of the color. Your heart starts racing and other parts of your body start moving, ie your feet http://www.mynavyonline.com/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

You just start loosing it because you know your letter is coming up because you can visually see it. You're ticked that the Mail Petty Officer is taking soo damm long. But when they finally announce your name, you've already have gotten yourself worked up.... You know that inside that letter there will be more exciting news. http://www.mynavyonline.com/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif

Understand too, that your BF doesn't care about your neighboors dog barking all night, so don't write about that type of stuff... We only care about one thing. So, keep that in mind when you write....

Lastly, Mom and Dad use white envelopes. BF, GF, and spouse use colored ones. Take the time & buy "Your" color envelope, and continue to use that same color. You've have got to keep that flame glowing. This is the easiest way....

P.S. Seal the envelope in perfume or colognes. Drip some on the letter and let it soak in before you write. It sucks trying to do it afterward.

NavyMom2007
03-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Haha Craig! I use colored envelopes sometimes, but it depends on what I'm sending. I put stickers on mine and sometimes write Go Navy! Go DIV XXX!! Go (Recruit's Name)! I also make labels so I don't have to address. Just peel and stick!:mail2:

Brandi
03-02-2009, 05:22 PM
This is a GREAT tip! I bought about 100 envelopes when Zach left (all of them with the pre-paid stamp already on them) so he knew whenever he saw the long envelope with the horse stamp that that one was his!

flipmom
05-22-2009, 08:30 AM
bump this one too, Jaryna, you might want to read this!
You can send a fingerprint of your son in the letter you will send to your hubby. A lot of the wives here can give you good ideas to keep your hubby entertained in BC during mail call.

asailorswife
05-22-2009, 08:47 AM
ooh I love that idea Tessie!! I know this won't help Jaryna, but for future wives.. We had Kadie color the envelopes for Tim! She also made him pictures and we stuck those in the envelopes. I believe he still carries one of the pictures in his wallet.