PDA

View Full Version : R.T.C

Darrin
07-02-2012, 09:30 AM
hey I live about 35 miles southeast of Chicago, and I deped in at the chicago meps. I was wondering after I go to meps for the second time and swear in and then go to ohare to wait for more people, will I be one of the first people to get into a division or does it just fill up by last names and you have to wait untill everyone with the last name like p through t to get in a certain division?

AVSailor
07-02-2012, 01:25 PM
You will PROBABLY get there early because you will be driving. I drove in but im from detroit, we got there about 5. There is no wait by last name, you wait until you have enough people to form divisions. You will be doing plenty while you wait. I got there about 5pm like i said and people were still coming in at 1am that morning... i probably didn't get into a division until 4 or 5 am. A guy from my same recruiting center went the same day/time/hour/minute as i did and got put in a DIV that didnt graduate until a week after mine was to graduate. Its all luck of the draw. Hurry up, and wait. Still applies there.

AVSailor
07-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Get a lot of sleep... or get used to no sleep...

whichever you prefer. The first 48 hours suck. But i didnt get really sleepy until we had our seabags on in the hall waiting for our rdcs.

Darrin
07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
yeah lol, I can go to sleep at like 3 and wake up at 6 with no problem. I have another question, once I get to ohare, will I have to wait for everyone that is shipping that day, or do they go by once so many people get there, they fill up the bus and send them to R.T.C?

AVSailor
07-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Oh i didn't say it right. If you are driving, you are driving to the base, not to the airport. So i hope you have people shipping with you!!! :D I had 10 people in the van with me so i wasn't alone. Oh and make sure to hold your pee. You get tested pretty fast and they get pissy if you can't go.