PDA

View Full Version : Format of bootcamp tests

heartofdarkness
05-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Hi everybody!
I apologize if this has been asked before but I dug around as much as I could and was unable to find the answers.

What format are the tests (PQS and everything after) in? eg: multiple choice, write the answer (like in start guide) a combination of the two, etc. I am a Nuke so I am not concerned about the PQS for advancement but my understanding is everyone has to pass it anyway and I haven't been reading into my start guide too much other than general orders/sailors creed/rank&rec

Thanks!

prop827
05-30-2012, 10:03 AM
It is multiple choice and you take it on a computer.

BKinsman
05-30-2012, 11:37 AM
When in doubt, bravo out!

SuannyR
06-03-2012, 02:43 PM
What is the PQS on? general orders and ranking? Sorry if it's already been said, I'm new here :/

Haasino
06-03-2012, 03:32 PM
What is the PQS on? general orders and ranking? Sorry if it's already been said, I'm new here :/

Snipes gave a very good explanation of the tests in this thread (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2592); he graduated RTC back in March, so his info should be pretty current.

The tests are pretty easy, in boot camp your going to attend classes every week, and you will be issued a book to study from which you will take everywhere with you and be forced to read it constantly. I want to say the tests are somewhere in the 50 question range, all multiple choice, and you need to score a 3.2 out of 5.0 to pass. I'm not book smart at all (Hooyah HT's lol) and even I scored above a 4.0 on all of them. Just watch out on that first test, it sneaks up on you quick, and people fail it because they didn't realize they actually had to study to get the material.

-First Test:
UCMJ
Dress and Working Uniform Wear
Survival at Sea
First Aid Training
US Navy Ships and Aircraft
Enlisted Rate and Officer Rank Recognition
Uniforms and Grooming

-Second Test:
Conduct During Armed Conflict
Military Customs and Courtesies
Navy Equal Opportunity Program
Basic Seamanship, Part 1 - Nomenclature
Basic Seamanship, Part 2 - Lines, Wire Ropes, Small Boats, and Sound Powered Telephones
US Naval History
Small Arms Familiarization (9mm/ 12 Gauge)

-Third Test:
Antiterrorism/Force Protection
Basic Damage Control
Emergency Breathing Devices
Chemistry and Classes of Fire
Portable and Fixed Fire Extinguishing Systems
General Firefighting Procedures and Fire Party Organization
Conduct and Precautions Ashore

Recruit Training Command "Trainee Guide For Basic Military Training A-950-0001"
United States Navy, Revision A September 2011.

prop827
06-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Nuke to Nuke, the boot camp tests are EASY. Its all very basic and multiple choice. Exams in Nuke school however..... not so easy and it takes a lot of studying. You can do it though!