PDA

View Full Version : BACK FROM RTC ONE MONTH EARLY

AVSailor
05-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeahhhhh i got separated :(
I was on about a week and a half of being there (finally on 1-1) and come to find out i was NEVER issued a waiver for my thyroid and i couldn't be there. After talking to a LOT of people it seems the doctor at MEPS cleared me to go through as if it was his say instead of getting the required waiver. I'm glad i finally pin pointed the problem because i ran into my recruiter and almost killed him (with my eyes). They are going to bring it all the way up the chain of command and see if they can waive my 6 months re enlistment code and do something about the idiot who sent me to bootcamp without a waiver.

Word of advise for future shippers... it really ****ing sucks lol. Looking back i wish i would have enjoyed my time while waiting because there is absolutely nothing to look forward to. Its worth it, and im going to go back... but it SUCKS. :) Lol okay good luck

Laworlo
05-20-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. That is complete BS. This is the worse case scenario stuff that I worry about with me. Keep us posted on when you will be going back. I wonder if you would have to repeat P-Days again?

sweetmtn
05-20-2012, 01:22 PM
What is your re-enlistment code? You were "told" it could be changed in 6 months? If you were given and RE4 on your discharge...they LIED! You can NOT change it!

AVSailor
05-20-2012, 06:00 PM
No no i got an RE-3E so i can re enlist in 6 months. They want to change it to like RE-1? idk they want to change it so i have no wait period because they think the doctor at meps thought he had the authority to pass me through and bi passed going to the actual waiver. And the disease NEEDS a waiver, no buts about it.

Just annoying shit. And yes i'll have to start from p-1

sweetmtn
05-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Here is a link to the list of RE codes and what they each mean:

http://www.dd214.us/reference/Reenlistment_Codes.pdf

Craig
05-21-2012, 11:28 PM
AV - Thyroid is the easiest thing to waive. It's about the only drug that you can conitinue to be on while going thru boot camp. They just kind of screwed you by not having the paperwork in order.
Just keep pinging away on it. You can get back in. It will not be too hard for you. You have already have gotten a taste of it, and you will do great when you go back.
As Sue said, as long as it's not a RE-4, then you will get the waiver. Again, Thyroid is not that big of a deal. They just messed up....

Go Back!

AVSailor
05-22-2012, 08:59 AM
I know ><

They did screw up. The rtc doctors said i couldn't continue without the waiver and the meps doctors waived me to go without it. Right now they are trying to see who was right, if i need it or not.

Currently they are double checking to make sure that was in fact the reason i got discharged (and it was) so they can see if they can get rid of the 6 months waiting time and put me back in it. Regardless, its all really annoying. Who wants to go through PDAYS Twice!? lol

UG!

Laworlo
05-22-2012, 12:33 PM
When you go back through P-Days, are you going to have to get all your shots again? Or do they keep those records?

AVSailor
05-23-2012, 08:54 PM
honestly im not sure. With my luck, yes.

But i just started all the paper work again and they are bringing it to the CO in hopes that they will see the mistake and change the 6 months wait.

Balls back on track. >< UGH