PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp PT

Laworlo
05-18-2012, 06:49 PM
So I have been working on my mile and a half run. But my stamina after that drops. I am curious, on average how long do you run at Boot Camp a day during PT sessions? Do they just run 1.5 miles or do the go long distance?

Navy_Melone
05-19-2012, 11:16 AM
How long ago did you start running? Did you just start trying to do 1.5 miles or did you build up to it?

Best way is to build up little by little. Your body will adapt better.

Run a mile everyday for a week.
Then add a quarter mile on each week.

Everyone's growth is different. The above is an example.

As for your question I heard its more then 1.5 some days. Depends on your RDC and how much IT your division acquires.

MasterAtArms
05-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Slow your pace down if you plan on running more than a mile and a half. What ever distance you plan on running, say 3 miles you have to run it slower than your 1.5 mile and then once your able to run that distance slower, slowly build your pace up from there.

MasterAtArms
05-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Also form is really critical if you plan on running a lot. Try to have a veteran runner take a look at your form and help you out. When I depend in there was a guy who was going SEAL and when we were both in the deep program he helped me on my running form, I PTed with him a lot. My 1.5mile went from 13.30 to 10.30 minuets so big improvement because of form and practice.

Laworlo
05-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah I am trying to work on form. As I don't have anyone to run with, I run by myself, so I don't have anyone to critique my form. However, I am trying to work on running on the balls of my feet rather than heel striking. I keep feeling like I'm going to fall forward though when doing it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

MasterAtArms
05-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Your right with that, heel striking can be really bad for you over the long run. When you run you should be landing on the balls of your feet, your torso pitched forward with a slight lean and arms swinging front to back not side to side. This link should help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaYQwq6TnXY

Laworlo
05-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Is this the Pose method?