PDA

View Full Version : How do the weeks run?

blueberripie
04-19-2012, 11:34 AM
How do the weeks run in bootcamp?
I click on "What happens in bootcamp ~ Day per Day" daily to see where my son is or what he will be doing. However I was told each division's "week" is different. So here I was thinking that a new week started on Monday but was told a new week could start on Tuesday or Thursday for some divisions. Is this true?
And lets say a divisions "new week" starts on Thursday would it go like this?

4-1 Day: Thursday
4-2 Day: Friday
4-3 Day: Saturday
Sunday
4-4 Day: Monday
4-5 Day: Tuesday

If so what would they do on Wednesday?
I hope I make sense on this LOL and Thank you guys!! :smiliesnoopywood1:

prop827
04-19-2012, 02:00 PM
If I remember correctly (which I may or may not) the week on a Thursday would be:
Thursday 4-1
Friday 4-2
Saturday 4-Saturday (ie 4-6, there aren't instructors there on Saturday just RDC's so Saturdays are generally ruled by RDC time and doing BASES if I recall correctly; I could also be wrong because I was a 900 so saturdays to us meant BASES, drill hall, and RDC time)
Sunday 4-Sunday
Monday 4-3
Tuesday 4-4
Wednesday 4-5

prop827
04-19-2012, 02:04 PM
To be honest, we never looked at the week-day in boot camp, it was on our schedule/POD but the number day isn't really important, its more important to command who uses it to schedule. So while those at home may want to know, its really irrelevant when you're going through it, the day by day craig has up is more or less the order in which you will do things, but what day of the week and the details are always changing because thats just how scheduling works. Use it so you know what will be coming up next, like ok I just got through my first inspection so that means PI/WTI must be the next inspection coming, don't think it will be YOUR EXACT schedule, cause it won't be. But the order things happen in is pretty spot on.

blueberripie
04-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks prop827!!
I figure things change and i use the Day per Day outline to give me an idea of what he(son) is doing that week.