PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp Shoes

Laworlo
04-15-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm curious about the running shoes issued in Boot Camp. I heard they put you on a machine that determines something with your feet, but I have no clue what it is measuring. I currently wear custom made Orthotics in my runnings shoes and Superfeet insoles in my day to day shoes. Do they give you insoles based on the arches of your feet in boot camp?

BKinsman
04-15-2012, 08:27 PM
*sighs longingly* So sad I can't use my vibrams at bootcamp. At least they are alright for PFTs after it.

Last i heard the shoes we get issues are New Balance and I don't believe they allow custom orthotics or insoles. Maybe the insoles if you can buy them at the NEX, but no clue if they sell them or if they would be allowed.

Nuke Guy
04-16-2012, 02:43 PM
The machine will measure the height of your arch and proper shoe size. You will receive that size in either low, medium, or high arch shoes. If you go to medical for foot pain, they MIGHT give you insoles for your shoes, but that is definitely a bad idea if you just want insoles. The guys in my division who went to get insoles all ended up getting put on medical hold for stress fractures in their feet.

navygurl413
04-16-2012, 04:44 PM
I heard if you have a small foot you should bring your own running shoe, is this true. I am a female who wears a 4 1/2 in guys sneakers

BKinsman
04-16-2012, 04:51 PM
I heard if you have a small foot you should bring your own running shoe, is this true. I am a female who wears a 4 1/2 in guys sneakers

I wrote to RTC asking about this, they said that you are not allowed to bring your own running shoes. So if you bring them, they will be either going back in 'the box' or getting donated.

navygurl413
04-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Ok Thanks for letting me know this!!!

cferr
04-20-2012, 10:38 PM
They are sizing you up for New Balances. Some have different types of support than others. Just because you get insoles doesnt necessarily mean you'll be on medical hold.

Sulski_85
10-27-2017, 01:20 AM
For my any workout exercise. I wear a Carbon 38 workout clothes (https://www.carbon38.com/) that gives best comfort. Very happy to wear them and will recommend my friends too. Everyone will surely like them as they are very comfy and flexible too.

Rach4USN
11-28-2017, 08:07 AM

Not sure if you found the answer to this or not; but we had quite a few people with smaller feet and they couldn't wear the designated NB shoes. No, you cannot bring your own - RTC will issue another pair (typically Nike's) if your foot cannot fit any of the smaller shoes.. one girl had a fluorescent pair of Nike's... she was constantly a target.