PDA

View Full Version : Job Availability

NauticalNy
04-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Hi Guys :) Currently A Not So New Recruit ( I Was Supposed to Join The Navy Fresh Out Of High School Three Years Ago And Freaked Out ) Who Has Finally Made Up My Mind To Get Out Of Here . Im Currently Slimming Down For MEPS ( Had To Lose 25 Lbs , Just 14 More To Go ! ) And I Was Wondering About Job Availability . I Need A TS Clearance For The Job I Want , And I Was Just Curious : What Will Happen If I Dont Get Cleared ? What If I Get Cleared At MEPS But Not At Bootcamp Or A School ? Will They Assign Me A New Rate Or Will I Have To Go In Undesignated ? Will I Be Discharged ? "/

JaxSailor22
04-11-2012, 03:24 AM
From everything I've read on clearances, if you can't obtain a TS then you will not be granted any level of clearance (including secret). As far as MEPS is concerned, they don't do anything but send your info for investigation so they won't be telling you that you do or don't have clearance. I guess the worst case scenario would be you getting the rate you want when you sit down with your classifier at MEPS but then finding out you couldn't get the security clearance. As long as you are/have been honest and straight forward with your recruiter you should be good!

kforbs126
04-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Hi Guys :) Currently A Not So New Recruit ( I Was Supposed to Join The Navy Fresh Out Of High School Three Years Ago And Freaked Out ) Who Has Finally Made Up My Mind To Get Out Of Here . Im Currently Slimming Down For MEPS ( Had To Lose 25 Lbs , Just 14 More To Go ! ) And I Was Wondering About Job Availability . I Need A TS Clearance For The Job I Want , And I Was Just Curious : What Will Happen If I Dont Get Cleared ? What If I Get Cleared At MEPS But Not At Bootcamp Or A School ? Will They Assign Me A New Rate Or Will I Have To Go In Undesignated ? Will I Be Discharged ? "/

I've seen people go undes if they can't obtain a clearance or go to a rate that doesn't need one. Those are very limited.

NauticalNy
04-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks Guys . I Owe The Bank A Little Bit Of Money ; My Card Was Stolen And They Denied My Claim . Its Under 2000 And Its Not On My Credit Report , So My Recruiter Said I Should Be Fine . But This Is Why Im Concerned About Clearance "/

vabchsue
04-12-2012, 06:53 AM
Why was it denied? Michael had his NFCU account hacked recently and they immediately took care of the charges that had been made and he wasn't out anything. He was quite happy with all they did actually.

JaxSailor22
04-12-2012, 07:14 AM
If the bank debt goes to collections this could be trouble for you. On the national security questionnaire you are specifically asked about debts and if any have been placed in collections and also if you have been 30 or 90 days late on any payments. Also, once you have depped in you'll be filling out dep re-certifications at every meeting which will ask about any changes in financial status. At any rate Im sure you'll be good to go! See you in the fleet

NauticalNy
04-12-2012, 11:00 PM
They Asked Me If I Had Ever Written My Pin Number Down , And I Did What I Always Do And Told The Truth . I Said That I Had Written It Down Once When I First Got The Card And They Automatically Claimed That I Was Responsible For All Of The Charges Made Bc I " Jeopardized " My Card . So Even Though I Didnt Do Anything , I Am Being Forced To Pay All Of This Money Back . And It Would Be A Double Whammy If That Interfered With Me Trying To Better Myself By Joining The Navy . Thats Upsetting Me More Than Anything .

NauticalNy
04-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Somebody Even Told Me To " Just Lie " But Im Not A Dishonest Individual And I Just Cant Do It . I Dont Even Want To Consider That . I Hope If Im Totally Honest About The Situation Theylle Understand . It Wasnt Something I Could Help

AVSailor
04-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Well if you get denied clearance in general i think that's a discharge isn't it? However if you get denied TS but can get Secret i think they just change your job. If its not on your credit i wouldn't worry to much. I wouldn't worry to much in general. You won't know a thing unless they need to talk to you.

NauticalNy
04-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Thanks For The Advice Guys . I Really Do Appreciate It !