PDA

View Full Version : Your rating (job) outlook....

Craig
04-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Hey all,
The new Community Summary sheets just came out. It has all the ratings (jobs) and what the outlook is for the next year.

For example: (I linked it to the CTN stuff)

Just click on the link and click "CTN Community Overview".
What should happen is a Power Point pop up should appear. If you notice, they say the CTN advancement rating will go up this cycle. Which is a good thing. Just wanted to make you guys aware....
(NOTE: FOR OTHER RATINGS, JUST CLICK ON THE VARIOUS RATINGS OR GROUPS ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE)

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Pages/CTN.aspx

ctraggie
04-11-2012, 02:47 PM
CTR has been steadily increasing the manned % ever since I signed my contract... It's up to 92%, was in the 80s when I signed.

Is this a sign that they'll soon be cutting it down?

Arbyz
04-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Thank you very much! I am having trouble however. I am enlisted as an AEF-STG. I look under STG but nothing seems to be specific for my rate. Any advice Craig?

BKinsman
04-11-2012, 03:57 PM
CTR has been steadily increasing the manned % ever since I signed my contract... It's up to 92%, was in the 80s when I signed.

Is this a sign that they'll soon be cutting it down?

Just from my understanding but it is at 92% of where they want it to be. Meaning they ideally want it at 100%.

E1-E3 looks heavy but E4 and E5 look undermanned which is excellent for advancement. If I read it right getting from E3 to E4 is at 100% which effectively means TIR, a few months after A school and we should be Petty Officers 3rd Class. And E4 to E5 is at around 56%, also damned good.

Getting E6 oddly looks tougher than getting E7. In all areas we are above the Navy's average as far as advancement except for E6 where we are a good bit lower.

The main culprit for that looks like the number of 'wanted' CTR1 drops by 91 from FY2012 to FY2014, going from 95% manning to 106% if it stays at the present number. Anything below 100% is good for us. E1-E3 doesn't matter overmuch except that you know they will be 'flowing up'.

That's my understanding of it at least. Craig, could you give ctraggie and I some insight on what is notable on the CTR community overview?

Craig
04-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Thank you very much! I am having trouble however. I am enlisted as an AEF-STG. I look under STG but nothing seems to be specific for my rate. Any advice Craig?

It comes up for me. But it just shows the manning. The detailer didn't put in anything it the bottom right notes area.
I got to it by clicking:
Surface CS/OPS
STG
STG Community Overview.

I bet you think AEF is a rating. It's not. All that means is "Advanced Electronic Field". You will see also for other ratings ATF = "Advanced Technical Field".
So just ignore AEF about 95% of the time.

Craig
04-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Totally agree. 92% is a great number. Being undermanned is where you always want.
You guys are good till your 10 year active duty point, then after that your screwed using today's data. But things will easily change by then. You have nothing to worry about. If you notice the senior levers are overmanned, so that means that some of those sailors will not make the Perform To Serve (PTS) board (ie they will have to cross rate or be kicked out). This sucks for them, but I will open positions up for you guys. The Navy is just "Thinning the Herd".
What is good is you look at the Zone levels and they are great for you newbies. You are doing good. Just to explain what Zone levels mean:
Zone:
A = 21 months to 6 years
B = 6 to 10 years
C= 10 to 14 years
D = 14 to 20 years
E = >20 years.
So look at the CTR sheet with the above link. You will see that a CTR with the NEC 9138 will get a multiplier of 2, if you are in Zone A. (ie Zone A means you have 21 months to 6 years of active duty). If you had that NEC, and you decide to reenlist at your 6 year 1 day point, you will get nothing since you now have fallen into Zone B.

Arbyz
04-12-2012, 09:06 AM
It comes up for me. But it just shows the manning. The detailer didn't put in anything it the bottom right notes area.
I got to it by clicking:
Surface CS/OPS
STG
STG Community Overview.

I bet you think AEF is a rating. It's not. All that means is "Advanced Electronic Field". You will see also for other ratings ATF = "Advanced Technical Field".
So just ignore AEF about 95% of the time.

Oh i did. Thank you for clearing it for me. So does that mean i am no different from a normal STG when looking at the overview page?

xAndrew
04-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Thank you Craig! That link was really helpful, I didn't know anything about being an IT before that (not that I know much now) haha. But I understand it a lot better

CTTDad
04-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Ok Craig I have looked at the CTT Community Overview graphic several times. There is so much info on it is difficult to make heads or tails of it. How does one decipher it? I read the other post just fill in the blanks please. My son is currently zone A CTT3. Thanks!

Cheval
04-28-2012, 03:23 PM
If I'm reading it right, MM is extremely overmanned. Well crap.

starfish
06-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Oh darn, the IS Community Overview ppt is not working. If it works for anyone else, please let me know. I'd really like to see it :) Thanks!

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Pages/IS.aspx