PDA

View Full Version : Officer flight school

AVSailor
02-27-2012, 09:55 PM
How do you apply for officer flight school!? And when!

LT Guppy
02-28-2012, 06:30 AM
Since you're already in DEP (and shipping so soon), you would have to apply for the Seaman To Admiral Program.
http://www.sta-21.navy.mil/

sweetmtn
02-29-2012, 12:42 AM
It is true you can apply for the STA-21 program, but you ALSO need to have it recommended on your evals after your quals. So your annual eval cant just say "promotable", it must say "Must Promote" and "Recommended for STA-21" That is how it was written on my son's eval...so in other words, you need to get mostly 5's on your evals to actually get excepted!

vabchsue
02-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Sue, I thought your son is out of the Navy or is this your other son who's in the Army? Confused....

sweetmtn
02-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Sue, I thought your son is out of the Navy or is this your other son who's in the Army? Confused....

Yes, my navy son is out now, and decided being an officer was really not for him. But true, my other son, Clayton, is still in the Army and is planning on making it a career. In fact he is having his re-enlistment ceremony tomorrow here at home and the community is making a REALLY big deal out of it. He will be wearing his Honor Guard uniform from Arlington, the newspaper is coming and so is our Congressman and other local politicians..home town boy comes home to re-enlist....so my house is a bit frantic right now, IT IS SNOWING!

vabchsue
02-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Congrats to him Sue...how exciting this is for all of you I'm sure!!

asailorswife
03-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Congrats Sue!!!

And I totally agree with her. Tim's evals have all said "rec'ed for STA-21 or any other officer program" since he made third class. He's never received anything below a MP (must promote) and usually tends to get EPs.

sweetmtn
03-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Thanks, and just for fun,here is Claytons re-enlistment pic from today, and YES you do see a navy petty officer there PO1 McCulley, he is one of Clay's friends and the local recruiter here...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/sweetmtn/Claysre-enlistmentpic4.jpg