PDA

View Full Version : Graduation

AVSailor
02-12-2012, 08:32 PM
When someone graduates
is there a limit of people who can watch/go to graduation?

Craig
02-12-2012, 08:44 PM
You can have four, but if there is room, you can have more:

sweetmtn
02-13-2012, 01:08 PM
You will be allowed to have FOUR names on a list they will have you fill out at boot, and ONLY ONE parking pass will be sent to whom ever you have it sent to. They NEVER give out more than one parking pass! However, if you have a large family, they may come, BUT they will have to wait for all the people on the "list" to be seated and IF there is room they will be allowed in...

Laworlo
02-13-2012, 02:05 PM
I have my grandmother from Portland, Oregon flying out, as well as my dad and my friend from San Diego, California. If they are taking 2 different cars, will they both be allowed to come in?

sweetmtn
02-13-2012, 02:19 PM
I have my grandmother from Portland, Oregon flying out, as well as my dad and my friend from San Diego, California. If they are taking 2 different cars, will they both be allowed to come in?

Only ONE car will be allowed in since you will ONLY get ONE parking pass for the base. There is VERY little room to park, so it is very restricted! Plus, there will be checks on every car, and some will even get the full security check, they have bomb and drug sniffing dogs that will check every vehicle that goes in.

vabchsue
02-14-2012, 08:21 AM
When we went through that check a few years ago we thought it really would have taken more time than it did, seriously. We were through it pretty quick and we actually weren't one of the earliest ones there either.

pmhangel
02-24-2012, 03:14 PM
When we attended graduation in 2010, there were 4 tickets assigned but more than 4 of us traveled to GL. Because the graduating class was less than 800 everyone was allowed in after the ticket holders were seated. While there was a line of cars that formed around 6:30 a.m. we were seated well before the start time. If your graduating class is large, you will most likely experience longer delays.

vabchsue
02-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Good job Connie on your first post!! :happyfeet:

pmhangel
02-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Thank you, Sue. I learned from the best.:exactly:

proudmama
03-01-2012, 06:35 AM
I was wondering, I have family who would like to go to PIR- I understand the rule for 4 only. What if they are either already a sailor, and his spouse, could they get in without using up the 4 allowable people?:smiliesnoopywood1:

Craig
03-01-2012, 09:35 AM
I was wondering, I have family who would like to go to PIR- I understand the rule for 4 only. What if they are either already a sailor, and his spouse, could they get in without using up the 4 allowable people?:smiliesnoopywood1:

As the attachement says "Active Duty and Retired military personnel will not count toward the maximum number of guests, and do not need to be listed on the access list, but must present a valid Active Duty/Retired military ID card."

So the wife would count, the active duty would not.