PDA

View Full Version : ~ Battle Stations for Dummies (with pictures) ~

Craig
03-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Hey all,
I thought I'd make something so you can see what Battle Stations is all about.

Battle Stations is the highlight of Navy boot camp. It's the grand finale. This is when recruits become sailors! These sailors are now ready to begin their chosen career, and to truly begin their life.

Let me know if this PDF helped you understand Battle Stations.
Craig

Battle_Stations_Part1_of_2.pdf (http://api.ning.com/files/Nm3Pgdyn9zHBkcEgoy-Sj2F4Zo1kNNDcwHK7Uja9-nODOrqGU1XzM4MzXe36Woz3LPYXmZh8NjfsSO5PkkI5qE6DLi3 ujvUw/Battle_Stations_Part1_of_2.pdf)

Battle_Stations_Part2_of_2.pdf (http://api.ning.com/files/74l9VppE6fSV9wYWJ2*dX51a-uXblvpJQ2eOQXRxhVlPocqx3ptBbElh7Aq0L0xPwlsSUmGDbx2 QXTFzZycUDtq65e7uaz9S/Battle_Stations_Part2_of_2.pdf)

Logicalchaos02
03-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Wish I was allowed to go into detail about battle stations but I am not. You have to sign this waiver saying you will not talk about battle stations to anyone who has not gone through it before. All I can say is everything that you learn during boot camp will be put to test during battle stations!

Allygater213
05-02-2011, 06:38 PM
I am jealous I never got to see this before I went! I have so much to say about battlestations, but I can't say a word!

wardulock33
05-24-2011, 12:33 PM
hey ally, how did it go for you?

ya battlestations was truly an amazing and fun experience..... about all i can say lol

blueberripie
04-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Not sure if anyone can tell me but when the recruits get to Battle Stations is it always 2 day before graduation?

vabchsue
04-19-2012, 07:40 PM
The answer is no. It's been awhile since we went through it but still remember the phone call from our son afterwards and it was hard keeping him awake so he could tell me what he had gone through. :)

Nuke Guy
04-20-2012, 01:42 PM
In part 2, theres a picture of a recruit handling ammunition while straddling a knife-edge....

prop827
04-23-2012, 04:34 AM
Knife Edge, there's one hit... And no it isn't always 2 days before, it varies based on your division's schedule and the number of divisions in the grad group. I ran battle stations monday night (the first night you can). But some divisions run it earlier if its a big grad group, others run it wednesday into thursday morning then grad on friday. It all depends on scheduling. Battlestations is fun though, its a great night. Thats about I can really say about it til you've done it though. Next day sucks though cause everyone's so tired.

Nuke Guy
04-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Our RDC's decided to have some fun and made us march a mock drill inspection the day afterward before our phonecall. Everyone sleep walked all the way from the JFK to Pac Fleet. We have absolutely no clue how we managed to even hold columns, because no one remembers the march at all