PDA

View Full Version : ~ Navy Boot Camp ~ Processing Days (P-days) ~ Slide Show

Craig
01-25-2011, 09:16 AM
All,
I just finished putting together a slide show about when you 1st arrive at RTC Great Lakes for boot camp. This slide show has pictures and comments that may help you...

Hope you enjoy it....

UPDATE: Because I have a bandwidth limitation (since we are a free website with no sponsors), I posted this stuff at N4M. Go to this link.
http://www.navyformoms.com/group/ctratemoms/forum/topics/boot-camp-for-dummies-with

Logicalchaos02
01-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Good job Craig! I just thought it was funny when you showed the sleeping area (your barracks/ship) some of the recruits were sitting down in the chairs in the center of the room, never sit down in the chairs! Those are not for recruits!

Allygater213
01-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Hmmmm I can't see it??! It says: there was an error opening this document and this file is damaged and could not be repaired.

Craig
01-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Ally,
I tried to open it myself, and I can't get it open now. I have reported this to my programmer and they are looking at it...

If any of you want me to send this file, just pm me your email address....and I'll send it...

wardulock33
01-25-2011, 11:15 PM
opened just fine for me.... looks great... great job craig!

Shortone1286689
06-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Wow! This is great! Very helpful! I'm way nervous about shipping out, but it helps to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks so much! You've helped to set my mind at ease a bit.

Craig
06-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Wow! This is great! Very helpful! I'm way nervous about shipping out, but it helps to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks so much! You've helped to set my mind at ease a bit.

Since NavyDEP is a free website we have to limit the bandwidth we use for this type of stuff. However, I have posted this over at NavyforMoms since they get paid for their stuff and have a huge bandwidth.

So go check out the other stuff I put together...
http://www.navyformoms.com/group/ctratemoms/forum/topics/boot-camp-for-dummies-with

ArtooDetoo22
09-06-2012, 04:07 PM
sooo, i went thru the battle stations slideshows.. is it true the new sailors get to have a pizza party after battle stations?? lol?

warehimer33
09-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Is there a special height and weight recruits have to be to be in a 900 division?

warehimer33
09-06-2012, 10:01 PM
also, when we first get to boot camp and we get in our "smurfs", do we also get our other uniforms there as well? When will we start wearing our NWUs everyday in boot camp?

warehimer33
09-09-2012, 10:00 PM
bump.

LT Guppy
09-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Going off memory from when my husband was there a couple years ago, I think it was just over a week (maybe 2, I forget), before NWUs became the uniform of the day.
You get fit for your dress uniforms around week 3 or 4.

warehimer33
09-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Okay. Thanks!

PacificSunrise
02-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Is there a special height and weight recruits have to be to be in a 900 division?

Can anyone answer this? I'm looking to be into a 900 Division and I'd hate to be disappointed if I'm too short or tall, too big or small..

sweetmtn
02-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Can anyone answer this? I'm looking to be into a 900 Division and I'd hate to be disappointed if I'm too short or tall, too big or small..

You cant request to be in a 900 division, but since you were in ROTC it is very possible that you will be asked. Depending on what they are needing the week you go is how the new recruits are placed. Did you ever do rifle drill? Band? or just marching? My son was in flags which basically is marching and he is 5'11" if that helps. Most of those in flags were all about the same height or close to it.

PacificSunrise
02-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Well, learning how to march is a given to everyone in JROTC (although some just didn't care for it). I participated in drill, learned basic rifle drill and was even the Commander of a Color Guard at one point. With all that I'm hoping I'm asked to be in it, I'm 5'6, btw.

shannoneliz
02-18-2013, 03:23 PM
When you get there, they'll ask if anyone's interested in music or knows drill or anything like that. Pretty sure height & weight's got nothing to do with it.

My division wore smurfs for like a week and a half...they don't get washed either.

You do get a pizza party after battle stations, it won't be the same day though...you do get double portions from the galley as soon as you get back.

prop827
02-18-2013, 10:38 PM
It depends on what 900 division(s) are picking up. State Flags will all have to be approximately the same height, but height is irrelevant to Triple threat and staff divisions. What height that is changes based on the arriving recruits. Staff divisions are all male. Triple threat is intended for those who play instruments. Weight isn't always considered, but to be in a 900 you must be fit enough to pass the initial PFA and swim; they ask you this when selecting 900's.

PacificSunrise
02-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the information, it's really helpful. I'll be working a lot harder now to make sure I pass the initial PFA with higher than minimum scores.

SENavyDude
02-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Oh wow.... Can't believe I hadn't found this before. This was amazing!

LuxJr
07-12-2014, 12:22 AM
Thanks, was very informing.