PDA

View Full Version : What does the 1st letter from bootcamp look like?

Craig
01-24-2009, 02:48 AM
The 1st letter from bootcamp makes a family proud. It's a form letter, and the sailor has 3 lines of text that they can write a quick note....
Here is an example of one....

NavyMom2007
01-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Ahhhhh, I loved getting that form letter. I must have read it a hundred times. I enlarged page 4 so I could read what Brian wrote. Did he ever find any Navy forum people at boot? Loved how he said he had to stay up a lot. Haha! Andrew said he finally got to go to sleep in his.

Craig
01-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Ahhhhh, I loved getting that form letter. I must have read it a hundred times. I enlarged page 4 so I could read what Brian wrote. Did he ever find any Navy forum people at boot? Loved how he said he had to stay up a lot. Haha! Andrew said he finally got to go to sleep in his.

I liked it too... I kept it in there to prove to people that not every sailor has a hard time, most actually love the challenge (but they fail to realize that when their doing it -ha)

But frankly, what I really like is the Salutation that appears that the Captain was saying "Dear Mom and Dad"...-ha

NavyMom2007
01-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Haha, I hadn't noticed that. Andrew's says the same thing!:rofl:

mia
01-27-2009, 10:47 AM
I noticed and got a good chuckle. Ross was so nervous about the "not knowing anyone" part that he put as part of his 3 lines, "making friends" with a smiley face. He only sent one down in the dumps letter about 6 weeks in...the Ricky Crud had hit him...AGAIN!!!